Acceptable Use Policy
As a web hosting service, it is critical that we maintain a strong reputation for ethical practices, for performance, and for the integrity of our systems. In order to achieve this, we have a strong and very specific Acceptable Use Policy. Any user who violates the terms of this policy may face suspension and/or termination of your account. In these instances, no refund shall be awarded.
The following are the terms of our Acceptable Use Policy:
1. Illegal or Questionable Activities
Any activity that is in violation of the law or our policies is strictly forbidden. Such activity may include, but is not limited to, pornography, spamming, sending of unsolicited email, piracy, hacking, and the violation of copyright laws by using such materials without author permission. Any of these violations will result in account termination. Should we deem it necessary or appropriate, we will notify law enforcement officials and provide them with our personal information.
2. Child Pornography
Should we discover that any user has engaged in this activity, the account will be terminated, law enforcement will be immediately notified, and we will both provide all personal information and cooperate in the prosecution of the offender.
3. Sniffing, Hacking, Spoofing, Service Denial
These and any other activities we deem to be malicious (e.g., libel) are prohibited. usa-hosting.com has full authority to determine if these activities have occurred, to what extent they have occurred and if the activity is should be reported to law enforcement officials. Accounts that we have determined have engaged in these activities will be terminated.
4. Requests for Backup
If an account has been suspended due to non-payment, the account holder may request data from that account at a fee of $25 per request. While we cannot guarantee that the backup is still present, in general, it is available for 30 days following the suspension.
5. Web Hosting Service Regulations and Restrictions
All users have the right to a service that maintains high performance, state-of-the-art security, and server integrity. For this reason, the following restrictions apply:
• Use of more than 25% of system resources is restricted to a time period of one minute or less
• The limit for opened files at any one time is 5,000
• Emails are limited to 100/hour unless prior authorization has been given
• Running unattached processes or daemons is forbidden
• Running P2P and/or bit-torrent apps is prohibited
• Cron scripts must be run at a minimum of 15-minute intervals; no more than 5 cron jobs may be run simultaneously
• Running public file services is prohibited
• Adult content is prohibited, to include text, pictures, images, illustrations or other graphics. Penalties may be as severe as account termination
• Indexers and web spiders are prohibited
• Disk Usage: At least 90% of site content must be linked from an HTML or comparable web page, allowing free public access. User sites must of standard web page designs (i.e., HTML). Downloadable content (including media) may not exceed 10% of user’s total quota.
Failure to comply with any of the provisions of this Acceptable Use Policy may result in suspension or termination. Again, no refunds will be awarded.